A good content can win many hearts – including Google! It is a very important part of your website. It gives an identity to your digital presence. A website, no matter how beautifully it is made, is incomplete without quality content. Here are ways in which good content can be beneficial to your business:
- Helps people know what you do!: A good content gives the visitors exact idea of what you do. What keeps visitors engaged is quality of your content. Proficient writing has the capability of converting potential customers to customers and attracting more customers.
- Fills up the void!: Imagine a perfectly garnished dish but without salt. Will you like it? No! Then do you think the visitors will like a well-designed site without content? Designing is essential for a website to make it look attractive but some spaces look empty without suitable content.
- Search Engine Optimization: Good content is not only appealing to the customers but also to the search engines. Good SEO strategies if implemented properly can help improve the rank of your website. SEO mainly focuses on keywords, so a good content with proper keywords can increase the flow of customers and help improve your business.
- Improved ROI: A website is an important asset for any company because it is the 1st to communicate to the clients. So, good content is necessary for the potential client to understand your services. Internet is the cheapest and the fastest way to let the world know about you. Thus, good content increases your ROI.
For a website to be successful one needs to pay attention to all aspects of website development like –web designing, content quality and web development in order to increase the number of visitors.
Landing page is an important part of online marketing. Landing page is the 1st page a visitor ‘lands’ on your website. Landing page gives your visitors a brief overview of your intended goal. A good landing page targets specific audience. With a landing page you can create something that is of value and convert maximum visitors to leads.
Types of landing pages:
- Click through landing pages
These pages are created with the goal of redirecting the visitors to some of the functionalities that your primary web application/website provides. Take an example of the landing page of an e-commerce website. A click takes you either to the shopping cart or registration page. The advantage of this landing page is that the user is redirected to places where you want him to go. If he finds them interesting, you have a chance of him getting converted into a lead.
- Lead generation landing pages
The purpose of lead generation landing pages is to collect user information like their name, email id, phone number etc. with sole purpose of letting them know about your services as and when applicable. In exchange for their information you can provide them with an e-brochure or newsletter. If you have an electronic retail store you may offer them some discount coupon. Other benefits that can help you generate leads are a free trial of your service, webinar, a free gift etc.
Advantages of landing pages:
- A great marketing platform: Landing page serves as a single platform to let your visitors know about what you do and what your services and products are.
- Coming Soon…. In order to create a sense of anticipation in the minds of your visitors you can create a landing page that shows “Coming soon” or “Under construction”. This way they will be curious to know about your business and will definitely visit your site when you go live.
- Affiliate marketing: There is a difference between Home page and landing page. A home page is made to link to several pages in your website while your landing page is the one which lures the visitor to click on a link that will redirect them to your main website.
- More profit: Without landing pages all other efforts will become baseless. It will be a waste of time and money because the marketer will not have enough funds to maintain the website.
Conclusion: The earlier you realize how important the investment on landing page is the sooner you can start earning bucks on your investment.
Search engines have made our lives so simple. Any keyword we enter, we get information about it at our fingertips in a few Nano seconds. Did you ever think what makes these search engines so effective? Did you ever try to know if your search engine is the most efficient or not? Well, it’s okay if you have not because this article is all about that.
So, the answer to what makes the database of a good search engine is as follows:
- Size of the database: For a search engine to be effective, a large database is required. You should be able to search major part of the web with that search engine.
- Is the data up to date?: The database should be refreshed to find new pages from time to time and the crawlers or spiders should keep their copies of websites updated.
- Is it fast?: Can your search engine deliver fast results? An ideal search engine should answer to any query quickly.
- Consistency: A search engine should show consistent results. These results should not vary from time to time.
- Ignore spelling mistakes: Sometimes a user may misspell a word. The search engine should show results for the nearest appropriate word.
- Assume conjunctions when necessary: Users have a tendency of entering only keywords for the search. A good search engine should assume keyword ‘and’ between words.
- Popular ones at the top: The results that are displayed should be based on popularity. Popular results should be at the top of list.
- Keywords should be highlighted: The keywords that you mentioned while searching, should be highlighted in the results displayed.
- Relevant results should be at the top: The results that are displayed on the top of list should be based on the keywords that the user has entered.
If you liked our article or if you wish to add something to it kindly let us know in the comment section. Your feedback is valuable to us. :)
Today when nobody has the time and patience to wait for anything, will they wait for a slow website? Well, the answer is no. Even Google has indicated page speed an important indicator for determining the rank of machines and has also rewarded sites that have clean codes and get downloaded easily.
If page speed is low, the search engines can crawl a few pages while your page loads, thus affecting your indexation immensely.
Page speed is also important for a good user experience. Pages with longer load time tend to have higher bounce rates thus skipping other pages of your website. The result – potential sales go down the drain in just a few seconds.
So what really affects your site speed?
- Themes: A beautiful website is necessary but not at the cost of page time. Choose a theme that is suitable for your website and which does not increase your loading time.
- Heavy code: Whenever you write an inefficient code it affects your site speed very much. So an effort should be made to shrink files.
- Annoying advertisements: Advertisements are really annoying especially when they irrelevant. These advertisements take time to load and may cause your visitors to flee in just some seconds.
- Images: Images that are not optimized can affect your page time immensely. These images generally have the overhead of heavy data on them.
How can you optimize your site speed?
- Simplify your design:Approximately, 80% of time is spent in downloading different elements of a page because an HTTP request is made for each element. So, more the components, more the HTTP requests will be and as a result it will take longer to load. For simplifying your design you can use css instead of images wherever possible, combine multiple stylesheets and put scripts at the bottom of each page.
- Use Compression: Large pages or heavily coded pages are often bulky and slow to load. The best way to reduce load time is to zip them. Compression reduces bandwidth of your pages, thus reducing HTTP response.
- Use browser caching: Whenever we open a page for the first time the browser saves the elements from the page into cache, so the next time you visit the page, browser can load without sending HTTP requests.
- Optimize large images: Oversized images take longer to load so use image editing tools and try to keep your images as small as possible.
- Reduce plugins in your website: Plugins can have certain security issues which may slow down your website. There may be some technical difficulties which may crash your website.
- Fix broken URLs: Broken links lead to 401/410 errors which cause wasteful requests. Thus it is necessary to fix those broken URLs. But before that you should check which URLs are broken and you can do that with free tools that are available online.
- Database optimization: Some websites use database and there is constant interaction with the database. For the website to be fast it is necessary that you adopt ways to optimize your database for faster retrieval of data. You may use indexing for that purpose.
- Replace PHP with static HTML wherever required: PHP makes your site efficient but calling information through it uses up server resource. So, it should be replaced with HTML which requires no time.
- Specify image dimensions:When you don’t specify image sizes, at run time the browser has to calculate the dimensions and then lay out your content.
- Put CSS at the top and JS at the bottom: CSS should be at the top of the page because it will not be rendered until CSS is rendered. JS on the other end should always be at the bottom because it prevents browsers from parsing after the tag before it is loaded and gets completed.
Do you think I missed out a point? Did you like the article and find it fruitful? Kindly let us know in the comment section. Your feedback is valuable to us.
Suppose you have started some business and want people to know about it. Most people enter certain keywords in any search engine for looking for suitable solutions. The search engine displays a list of results. The users normally have a tendency to look at the solutions which appear high in the list. Thus, it becomes necessary for you to try to bring your website among the top results.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the method of increasing the number of visitors of a website by applying certain algorithms that would bring the website high on the list of results returned by a search engine.
There are various tips that will help you with SEO, they are as under:
- Be committed and patient: As an SEO engineer you need to be patient and committed because the algorithms change from time to time so you need to be updated. It may take months to show results so you need to be calm and keep faith in your efforts.
- Make quality websites:Everyone wants their website to be displayed in the top 10 results. But does your site really deserve to be in that place? If not, try to make it better with completing basic On-page SEO factors.
- Use of keywords and phrases: Try to use as many unique phrases as you can in your text links or domain name. More focus should be on phrases rather than single keywords. Use keywords where they matter the most.
- Use fresh content: Fresh content can help you improve your ranking. So efforts should be made to update the content of your site from time to time.
- Use a relevant title for each page and description: No doubt for better ranking you need to have good content but for better ranking you need to use suitable title for whatever description you write.
- Build links wisely: Seek links from your authority sites in your company or seek links from trusted authorities in your region if you are interested in local hits.
- Avoid everything that may slow down your website: Avoid unnecessary plugins or large images because page load times are important.
- Write your own company blogs and update them regularly: Google often tends to favor sites that have links to static sites with relevant data and blogs best serve that purpose.
These are just few tips that help will help you with SEO. If you find them helpful or if you have some other tips kindly let us know in the comment section below.