Landing page is an important part of online marketing. Landing page is the 1st page a visitor ‘lands’ on your website. Landing page gives your visitors a brief overview of your intended goal. A good landing page targets specific audience. With a landing page you can create something that is of value and convert maximum visitors to leads.
Types of landing pages:
- Click through landing pages
These pages are created with the goal of redirecting the visitors to some of the functionalities that your primary web application/website provides. Take an example of the landing page of an e-commerce website. A click takes you either to the shopping cart or registration page. The advantage of this landing page is that the user is redirected to places where you want him to go. If he finds them interesting, you have a chance of him getting converted into a lead.
- Lead generation landing pages
The purpose of lead generation landing pages is to collect user information like their name, email id, phone number etc. with sole purpose of letting them know about your services as and when applicable. In exchange for their information you can provide them with an e-brochure or newsletter. If you have an electronic retail store you may offer them some discount coupon. Other benefits that can help you generate leads are a free trial of your service, webinar, a free gift etc.
Advantages of landing pages:
- A great marketing platform: Landing page serves as a single platform to let your visitors know about what you do and what your services and products are.
- Coming Soon…. In order to create a sense of anticipation in the minds of your visitors you can create a landing page that shows “Coming soon” or “Under construction”. This way they will be curious to know about your business and will definitely visit your site when you go live.
- Affiliate marketing: There is a difference between Home page and landing page. A home page is made to link to several pages in your website while your landing page is the one which lures the visitor to click on a link that will redirect them to your main website.
- More profit: Without landing pages all other efforts will become baseless. It will be a waste of time and money because the marketer will not have enough funds to maintain the website.
Conclusion: The earlier you realize how important the investment on landing page is the sooner you can start earning bucks on your investment.
Nowadays, everyone is looking for ways to expand their business and the most popular way of doing that is by going online. But it is necessary that you have a unique website for your business, only then will the people be interested in your work.
Here are a few ideas that will help you make a one in a million website:
- Promote your brand:Use any designing tool and invest time in making a logo for your business. After you finish designing your logo choose an appropriate tag line. Make sure your tagline is catchy, but do not overdo it.
- Choose a suitable theme: A lot of themes are available online which are great if you do not have a designer at hand. These themes are compatible for various platforms.
- Good Content:Your website is a reflection of what you do.Be precise and specific about your products. Do not write long essays and use proper keywords. Use an easy language which can be understood by people visiting your website. Identify your target customers and write your content accordingly. Use images for promotion because people tend to remember visual aids more than words.
- Add a Contact Us page: This page is very important and it is not to be hidden in the footer section because it helps a potential customer come in contact with you. The contact details should be relevant and easy to access.
- Create a Blog: Let people know your area of expertise and make them know what more you can do. Do not let your website lay static. Let people add comments on your posts so that it stays active.
- Call to action: If you wish to attract more people to visit your website, you can accomplish this with “call to action” button that is clearly visible. It would be beneficial if you link it to your blog or contact us page.
A website should be such that it showcases your work properly and makes your visitors clear about your services. If you liked this post or if you have any suggestions kindly let us know in the comment section.
Today when nobody has the time and patience to wait for anything, will they wait for a slow website? Well, the answer is no. Even Google has indicated page speed an important indicator for determining the rank of machines and has also rewarded sites that have clean codes and get downloaded easily.
If page speed is low, the search engines can crawl a few pages while your page loads, thus affecting your indexation immensely.
Page speed is also important for a good user experience. Pages with longer load time tend to have higher bounce rates thus skipping other pages of your website. The result – potential sales go down the drain in just a few seconds.
So what really affects your site speed?
- Themes: A beautiful website is necessary but not at the cost of page time. Choose a theme that is suitable for your website and which does not increase your loading time.
- Heavy code: Whenever you write an inefficient code it affects your site speed very much. So an effort should be made to shrink files.
- Annoying advertisements: Advertisements are really annoying especially when they irrelevant. These advertisements take time to load and may cause your visitors to flee in just some seconds.
- Images: Images that are not optimized can affect your page time immensely. These images generally have the overhead of heavy data on them.
How can you optimize your site speed?
- Simplify your design:Approximately, 80% of time is spent in downloading different elements of a page because an HTTP request is made for each element. So, more the components, more the HTTP requests will be and as a result it will take longer to load. For simplifying your design you can use css instead of images wherever possible, combine multiple stylesheets and put scripts at the bottom of each page.
- Use Compression: Large pages or heavily coded pages are often bulky and slow to load. The best way to reduce load time is to zip them. Compression reduces bandwidth of your pages, thus reducing HTTP response.
- Use browser caching: Whenever we open a page for the first time the browser saves the elements from the page into cache, so the next time you visit the page, browser can load without sending HTTP requests.
- Optimize large images: Oversized images take longer to load so use image editing tools and try to keep your images as small as possible.
- Reduce plugins in your website: Plugins can have certain security issues which may slow down your website. There may be some technical difficulties which may crash your website.
- Fix broken URLs: Broken links lead to 401/410 errors which cause wasteful requests. Thus it is necessary to fix those broken URLs. But before that you should check which URLs are broken and you can do that with free tools that are available online.
- Database optimization: Some websites use database and there is constant interaction with the database. For the website to be fast it is necessary that you adopt ways to optimize your database for faster retrieval of data. You may use indexing for that purpose.
- Replace PHP with static HTML wherever required: PHP makes your site efficient but calling information through it uses up server resource. So, it should be replaced with HTML which requires no time.
- Specify image dimensions:When you don’t specify image sizes, at run time the browser has to calculate the dimensions and then lay out your content.
- Put CSS at the top and JS at the bottom: CSS should be at the top of the page because it will not be rendered until CSS is rendered. JS on the other end should always be at the bottom because it prevents browsers from parsing after the tag before it is loaded and gets completed.
Do you think I missed out a point? Did you like the article and find it fruitful? Kindly let us know in the comment section. Your feedback is valuable to us.
It is difficult for some business groups to survive in this competitive world today. The best and the most efficient way to let people know your business is by creating a website for it. It will reach millions of users at a time and will eventually help your business expand.
Following points will throw more light on why exactly do you need a website for your business.
- Expand your business.
These days, a large number of people use internet to find particular services or products, so website plays an important role to help them come in contact with you. Through your websites, the customers can find every necessary information related to your business. Websites help your business reach new heights of success regardless of its size.
- Save some bucks.
As a small business manager, you believe you cannot afford a professional website as it might cost a lot but in some cases it just costs half or a quarter of what you might have estimated. The best way to promote your business is through websites as it is cost effective compared to printed fliers, newspaper advertisements, or any other form of advertisement.
- Helps you stay up-to-date.
When you upload your business information or your online brochure or catalogue on your website it helps your customers to get information about the business. Websites enable you to quickly update your business information as many times as you wish to. So for a business to be more successful, the best way to inform your customers is through websites and not through offline advertisements.
- Easy access 24/7.
Regular visitors or potential customers can get information about your business as well as your new services and updated products at any time (24/7/365) even after your working hours. With today’s busy schedule this can be a great selling point for making a purchase decision.
- Showcase your efforts!
No matter what variety of business you’re into, a website could be an excellent way to showcase your work. With the help of a portfolio or gallery, you can make your business more distinctive.
- Save the most important asset – TIME!
When you provide information to your customer through phone call, SMS or email it is much time consuming. With the help of online information and catalogue you can provide your service information or product details to them at their own convenience. This helps save your and the customer’s time.
- Improve customer services
Customers may have certain queries about your product and they may need to communicate with you. With the help ofa “Contact Us” page and an FAQ option, customers can contact you at their convenience and you can help them to solve their queries. You can share new services and offer updates by sharing it on your website and also social media.
Today when the world is making technical advances, creating a website for your business would be your way of embracing technology and using its advantages for your business growth. So if you don’t have a website for your business, go get one!